The Summer ‘08 ESCC/Internet2 Joint Techs Workshop will be held in Lincoln, Nebraska starting Sunday afternoon, July 20 and ending Thursday, July 24. (Note that other/related meetings may be held prior to and beyond these dates - see below for schedule). University of Nebraska-Lincoln is the host and all on-campus meetings will take place at the Nebraska Union-City unless otherwise indicated on the agenda.
Registration | Conference Fees | Housing | Agenda | Travel | Visitor Information | Transportation/Walking/Parking | Netcast | Wireless
Click Here to take evaluation survey.
PHOTO of the IPv6 Challenge
The registration fee for the Joint Techs workshop is $250. There is a separate $150 registration fee for ESCC. The Joint Techs registration fee increases to $325 after 11:59pm EDT on Friday July 4 (see Conference Fees link below for full details).
The summer 2008 Joint Techs will focus on the following areas:
The Coming Crisis in Routing and Networking - ESnet co-chair Kevin Oberman; Internet2 co-chair Michael Lambert (PSC)
Campus Networking - ESnet co-chair Phil DeMar; Internet2 co-chair Dave Farmer (UMN)
WAN Issues - ESnet co-chair Joe Metzger; Internet2 co-chair Carla Hunt (MCNC)
Security - ESnet co-chair Matt Crawford; Internet2 co-chair Peter Gutierrez (UMass)
Click here for more information on these areas of focus. Proposals on other topics are also welcome.
If you would like to give a presentation or tutorial, or organize a BoF, Vendor Soup or side- meeting, please fill out this web form. If you have questions, please contact either of the co-chairs Phil Demar , or Eric Boyd.
Lightning Talks will again be welcomed. A Lightning Talk is a very short (no more than 5 minutes) talk on a topic of your choice - anything interesting or timely, or even a bit off the wall. Submissions will be solicited during the workshop.
** Deadline Dates to Remember **
Friday June 27 – Embassy Suites Lodging Cut-off Date
Monday July 7 - Holiday Inn Lodging Cut-off Date
Friday July 4, 11:59PM EDT – Joint Techs Registration Fee increases
** Program Changes to Note **
1) Breakfast WILL NOT be provided on Campus for the duration of the meeting. The Embassy Suites will provide complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast from 6:00am-9:00am (Mon-Fri) and 7:00am-10:30am (Sat/Sun) and the Holiday Inn will provide buffet breakfast 6:30am-10:00am.
2) The Welcome Reception will now take place on evening of Tuesday, July 22. Tuesday night’s hotel meetings will move to Monday, July 21 (RONs/Connectors BoF and JET meeting).
Workshop Evaluation Survey will be available here during and post meeting.
Any person who attends an Internet2 Member Meeting, Workshop, or other event, grants permission to Internet2 to use and publish his or her image or likeness collected in connection with the event for any usual and customary purpose of Internet2, including promotion of Internet2 and its programs.
* Network Performance Workshop: Saturday, July 19 – Sunday, July 20 (AM)
* DCN Workshop: Saturday, July 19 – Sunday July 20
* MPLS Workshop: Sunday, July 20
* Joint Techs Workshop: Sunday, July 20 (PM) – Wednesday, July 23 (AM)
* ESCC Meeting: Wednesday, July 23 (PM) – Thursday, July 24
* IPv6 Workshop Developers Meeting: Wednesday, July 23 (PM) – Thursday, July 24
* NetGurus: Wednesday, July 23 (PM) – Thursday, July 24